Tuesday, December 16, 2008

Heading Home (Kind of...)




Heading back to Phoenix makes me feel like the star in the old Issac Hayes song, but I'm not sure if I'm the one leaving or the one being left. You have all kinds of strange musings when you return to your childhood home. Even as I type I'm sitting in the Velma Teague Library and wondering how I got here...I'm trying to channel some of this distant beauty while I'm back in Arizona.

Much to say, too, about my trip to San Francisco/Napa. My Heliotrope reading was wonderful and I have Myron Michael, the H.E.A.T. poets, Jeannie and Travis, James and plenty of other folks to thank for that. A poem is calling, so I'm off again, but wanted to send a 'thank you' shout out to the folks who have already made this a fabulous getaway...more soon.