Friday, August 15, 2008



I just love Johnny (and many Jon, John, Johnnie, Johnny's , as the case may be...clean it up kids, I'm talking about folks like John Legend (despite what my beautician says about him), Johnnie Knight (my grandfather), etc...). Notice I call Mr. Mayer "Johnny," as we are on very personal basis now. We've been together since before anyone ever cared about Room for Squares and certainly before the Grammy Awards and all the Hollywood hotties came calling.

And though I am always on the fence about remaking classics (on the one hand, I love the idea of paying homage to those artists who came before us, but, one the other hand, why remake something that was already wonderful?), I think even Tom Petty would have to give this one a nod. Such a subtle, sharp and enchanting acoustic mix. Thanks, Johnny, for helping me write today...